Campaigning is an important part of democracy and since it is the time for Lok Sabha poll in the country, political leaders from all parties are sweating it out during campaigning with an aim to woo the voters.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed four public rallies on Monday. PM Modi addressed rallies in West Bengal's Buniadpur, Bihar's Araria, Uttar Pradesh
Congress president Rahul Gandhi along with his sister and AICC general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and another AICC general secretary Jyotiraditya Scindia held a joint rally at Fatehpur Sikri Lok Sabha seat in Agra on Monday. The three Congress leaders are also slated to hold joint rallies in Aligarh and Nagina Lok Sabha seats on Monday. The voting for all the three seats is scheduled to take place in phase 2 on April 18 and the last day of campaigning is Tuesday.
Rahul Gandhi visited Nanded in Maharashtra to campaign for Congress candidate Ashok Chavan. He also addressed a rally in Rajula town under Amreli Lok Sabha constituency in Gujarat on Monday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath campaigned for BJP candidates in Phulbani, Rourkela, Anugul, while Rajnath Singh addressed rallies in Mathura and Badaun in Uttar Pradesh.
Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) chief Nitish Kumar addressed a rally in Kishanganj, while Tejashwi Yadav, Navjyot Singh Sidhu and Shatrughna Sinha addressed rallies in Katihar.
Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav also addressed rallies in Kasganj and Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh and Aam Aadmi Party leader Manish Sisodia visited Sangrur in Maharashtra to address a rally. NCP chief Sharad Pawar addressed a rally in Latur at 2 pm and Osmanabad at 5.30 PM. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray addressed a rally in Latur.
Here are all the updates from April 15 (Monday):
* Here's the revised travel program of Congress President Rahul Gandhi in Kerala on April 16:
9:15 hrs: Public Meeting at St. Stephens Higher Secondary School Ground, Pathanapuram, District Kollam
11:00 hrs: Public Meeting at Municipality K.K. Nair Stadium, District Pathanamthitta
13:15 hrs: House of Late Shri K. M. Mani at Karingozhakkal, Pala, District Kottayam
15:00 hrs: Public Meeting at Municipal Stadium, District Alappuzha
17:00 hrs: Public Meeting at Central Stadium, District Thiruvananthapuram
* Uttar Pradesh Police registers FIR against Azam Khan for objectionable remarks against Jaya Prada.
* Election Commission bars Union Minister and BJP leader Maneka Gandhi from election campaigning for 48 hours starting from 10 am tomorrow, for violating Model Code of Conduct during her election campaign held in Sultanpur.
* Election Commission bars Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan from election campaigning for 72 hours starting from 10 am tomorrow, for violating Model Code of Conduct during his election campaign held in Rampur.
* We will assist farmers every year. Assistance to farmers will directly reach farmers. Earlier, farm loan waivers were once in 10 years: PM
* We want to double farmers' income. We have helped farmers in natural calamities. Farmers should install solar panel in fields as it will ensure round the year supply of power: PM
* We have distributed crores of bulbs. Today, one LED bulb cost Rs 45: PM
* Our focus is on ease of living. We have decided tasks for 2022 and 2024. By 2022, every Indian should have a home: PM Modi tells Rajya Sabha.
* Fear of losing Amethi is making Rahul Gandhi contest from Wayanad: PM Modi tells in an exclusive interview to Rajya Sabha.
* Mayawati opposes Election Commission's 48-hour campaigning ban, calls it 'unfair'.
* Indians were spectators earlier, are players on the world stage today: PM Modi tells Rajya Sabha TV.
* As many as 81 candidates contesting for the second phase of Lok Sabha and Assembly elections in Odisha are crorepatis, with Biju Janata Dal (BJD) President and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik topping the list.
* Urmila Matondkar gets police protection after Congress-BJP workers clash during her poll campaign in north Mumbai.
* Election Commission bans AIADMK's advertisement running in television and social media on grounds that it violated its Model Code of Conduct.
* BJP candidates in Delhi yet to be declared even as nomination for Lok Sabha polls begins on Tuesday.
* Congress candidate Rigzin Spalbar files nomination for Ladakh Lok Sabha seat.
* Sushma Swaraj questions Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav's silence on Azam Khan's controversial jibe on Jaya Prada, asks him not to stay silent like 'Bhishma Pitamah' did at disrobing of Draupadi in Mahabharata.
* Akali leader Bikram Singh Majithia Monday took a swipe at the SAD (Taksali) for withdrawing its candidate from Khadoor Sahib seat, saying the party "ran away" as it has been "rejected" by the people.
* Enforcement Directorate officials attach properties — flat, plot, a house and land worth Rs 3.68 crores of Haryana former chief minister Om Prakash Chautala under PMLA in disproportionate assets case.
* BSP supremo Mayawati to address a press conference at 9 pm tonight.
* BJP leader Arvind Dharmapuri, who has contested the Lok Sabha poll from Nizamabad seat, has sought the permission of the Election Commission of India (ECI) to put his own lock in the strongroom, where the electronic voting machines (EVMs) and voter-verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) slips have been kept.
* On Bangladeshi actor seen campaigning for Trinamool Congress: Election Commission says nothing mentioned on a foreign national participating in an election campaign.
* Rahul Gandhi accuses Arvind Kejriwal of taking U-turn on alliance. Read full report
* Former Goa CM Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal Parrikar writes to NCP's Sharad Pawar over his remark on Manohar Parrikar, states, "This is yet another unfortunate attempt to invoke my father's name to push blatant falsehoods for political gains. Urge you to desist from such conduct."