The Indian army resorted to unprovoked ceasefire violations during the last 24 hours along the Line of Control (LoC) and caused serious injuries to four civilians, including a 15-year-old girl, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Saturday.
The military’s media wing said Indian troops used artillery and heavy mortars in the Sharda, Dhudnial and Shahkot Sectors along the LOC and deliberately targetted the civilian population in Bessan Wali and Chhari villages.
“Pakistan Army troops responded effectively with matching calibre and targeted those Indian Army posts which initiated fire,” ISPR said.
“In 2020, the Indian Army committed 708 Ceasefire Violations so far, in which 2 citizens embraced Shahadat while 42 sustained injuries.”
Earlier, a senior diplomat from the High Commission of India was summoned to the Foreign Office to register Pakistan’s strong protest over the ceasefire violations by Indian occupation forces along the LoC.
The incidence of ceasefire violations along the LoC have seen an upsurge in recent months as tensions continue to soar between the two nuclear-armed neighbours.
Pakistan has cautioned the international community several times that India may stage some kind of ‘false flag’ operation to divert attention from the current unrest in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K).